The Erie Historical Society was founded in 1984 to preserve Erie, Colorado’s history. We honor those hard working pioneers who mined the coal, worked the fields and ran the railroads, as well as the pioneer women who raised the families and educated the children.
- About UsThe Erie Historical Society was founded in 1984 to preserve Erie, Colorado’s history. We honor those hard working pioneers who mined the coal, worked the fields and ran the railroads, as well as the pioneer women who raised the families and educated the children. The Erie Historical Society: CELEBRATES Erie’s history with events like Erie Biscuit Day which held each fall, honoring a similar event held by 19th century residents to welcome the fall and celebrate the workers’ return to the mines. EDUCATES through projects like the Wise Homestead Museum, to commemorate early homesteaders and through partnerships with community members. Historic talks by local historians and lecturers provide a glimpse back in time and reveal remarkable stories about the people who settled in our region of Colorado. PRESERVES the area’s rich history through projects like the Wise Homestead Museum, at 11611 Jasper Road. The two-story Western Victorian farmhouse was built by Erie settler O.E. Wise in 1870 and has been restored by local and state Historical Societies. The Wise Homestead Museum is currently open Saturday ( May through October ) from 10am to 2pm or year-round by appointment. To schedule a visit please call 303-828-4568. Statement of Purpose The purpose…
- EHS News
- Wise Homestead MuseumErie – Wise Homestead Museum The Wise Homestead dates back to 1869, when Oliver Wise, his wife Adaline (Ada), and their three children came across the plains from Wisconsin to settle in Colorado.
- Erie Biscuit DayAnnual Erie Biscuit Day presented by Erie Historical Society
- MembershipAny person interested in the history of Erie, Colorado may become a member. Active membership categories are: Individual Family Business/Institutional Members are entitled to vote at regular, special or annual meetings, and are eligible to serve on the board of directors. Members are entitled to a variety of benefits, such as discounts on books, research materials, and fees, invitations to members-only events, discounts on programs and workshops. Membership is tax deductible to the extent that contributions to 501(c)3 tax exempt organizations are allowed.
- Contact UsErie Historical Society – Wise Homestead Museum 11611 Jasper Road, Erie,CO 80516 Telephone: 303.828.4561